Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Christ is Risen! Pascha and Bright Week

My Pascha and Bright Week was a total let down...

I was able to go to Holy Friday Vespers with the 12 Gospel readings and it was oh.so.beautiful! I left mourning the fact that my God died for me, something that was deeper and more sincere than how I normally feel at Easter. I think it has to do with how it is celebrated as most Easter events do not leave us in despair, they finish the story all in one sitting. While I knew in the back of my head that  He indeed rose again, I left knowing in the depths of my bones that my Lord was dead... If I did not have that blessed assurance I would have been utterly devastated... It has been a l.o.n.g time since the Lord's passion affected me that deeply. I should be ashamed but I am just oh so glad that I found Orthodoxy!

And then... I got the family bug that was going around from Easter and I missed all the other services and then was out of commission until the second Monday of Pascha... ugh... Maybe next year? I am oh so disappointed though... sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment