Friday, April 24, 2015

I Did Say This Was Hard RIGHT?

Ugh...

Not long after I wrote my last post did my grandfather come out of his room and want to know *WHY* I was up all night and how that is not fair to my aunts who work all day, and no wonder I don't get enough accomplished... sigh... Then he walked over to the window, the storm clouds cleared just like that! I asked him what he wanted for breakfast, he answered, and gave me a hug and a kiss as happy as a clam!

What he doesn't realize is that he "naps" around the clock and is awake anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours at a time and he often needs help when he is up. So what I didn't tell him was that I was up all night so that when he wakes up in the night someone is up to help him, who *doesn't* have to go to work at a set time so that they get enough sleep. Otherwise I don't hear him and they, my one aunt in particular, doesn't get enough sleep. As I can change my sleep schedule I try to go to sleep when the first gets home from work, since he is not alone at that point and get up shortly after they go to bed. On a day like yesterday that was rough as he had 3 appointments in a local big city that I had to brief the one who gets home last (My mom, who sadly has a miserable bug, went with us to the appointments as he wanted two there for one of his appointments and she briefed the one who gets home first as I took him home) so that put me to bed late.

I can't say that it didn't hurt at the time, or that I didn't punch the couch while he was in the shower, but deep down, as hard as it is now, when everything is said and done the person I want to see when I look in the mirror, while she may have a few scars, is one of those who helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment