Tuesday, November 17, 2015

May His Memory Be Eternal!


A picture of us on my trip to Holland (Mi) to purchase my 
first car a little over three years prior 
him going home...

In August I watched my beloved grandfather, and one of my best friends, enter the presence of the Lord. As a physician he was held in the highest esteem of his colleges, he is one of only 115 recipients of Osteopathy's highest award, the Medallion of Honor, who was still educating the class of 2017 as of last February. However, if you met him on the street you would never know any of that as he was one of the most humble people I have ever met. In addition, he would have most likely caught your name, continued to call you by your name, and usually offered a personalized genuine complement. He was a skilled carpenter and his handmade rocking horse is still well beloved by all of his grand and great grandchildren, and will be by his great great grandson who was born in October. A lover of music he played the cornet starting in first grade and he played his last gig just this June. He was well loved and is missed. *

As you can see why my blog has sat idle as my priorities dictated I was elsewhere. Now I am in the transition process as I grieve and move forward slowly attempting to figure out what the next season of my life looks like. In the in-between time I am content in what is today, and for one of the first times in my life I do not look forward with longing nor back with regret but instead am fully enjoying today.**

* I take a long time to process my emotions, and an even longer time to share them, so this is just the barest tip of the iceberg that is my emotional vault. In fact my mom and I have a joke/truism that I will tell her how I feel about such-n-such in a decade. I guess what I am saying is be grateful for the sliver you get! Haha! ;)

** Oh and my reading list well that just did NOT happen! So um well anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment